Department of Humanities and Applied Sciences is one of the pillar of the University, which provides fundamental education in basic sciences, management, economics and humanities to B.Tech. students, so that students are well equipped to understand engineering. M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc.(Mathematics), M.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences) and *M.Sc. /M.A. (Mass Communication and Journalism)are the post graduate courses being run in the Department successfully. Apart from this, Department offers Doctorate degree in Physics, Mathematics and Environmental Sciences also.
A department that can effectively harness its multidisciplinary strengths to create an academically stimulating atmosphere; evolving into a well-integrated system that synergizes the efforts of its competent faculty towards imparting intellectual confidence that aids comprehension and complements the spirit of inquiry.
· To create well-rounded individuals ready to comprehend scientific and technical challenges offered in the area of specialization.
· To counsel the students so that the roadmap becomes clearer to them and they have the zest to turn the blueprint of their careers into a material reality.
· To encourage critical thinking and develop their research acumen by aiding the nascent spirit for scientific exploration.
· Help them take economic, social, legal and political considerations when visualizing the role of technology in improving quality of life.
· To infuse intellectual audacity that makes them take bold initiatives to venture into alternative methods and modes to achieve technological breakthroughs.