Activities & Achievements of Department of Management Studies (Year 2014)
1. A one day workshop was organized in the department of Management studies for the students of MBA on Resume writing and Interview Skills on 21-03-2014. Dr. Renu Aggarwal was the convener of this workshop. Experts invited were Ms. Jaya Goel Chairperson Ex. (Chairperson FSIA WE Club) and Life skills Trainer and Ms. Garima Sehgal (Soft skills Trainer)
2. Expert lecture invited on Application of Non parametric tests on 20th March 2014 by Dr Shreelata.
3. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra, delivered his keynote speech during the 3rd international Conference on Machine Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Jeju South Korea.
(May 2 5th, 2014)
4. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra visited Shanghai Tayor Heavy Industries (Group) Co. Ltd., at Shanghai China ( May 2014).
5.The Department has successfully conducted two FDP’s in the month of July’14
1stFDP from 15 July 2014- 21 July 2014 titled, “Soft Skills and Personality Development”. The program was attended by 31 participants. All the participants were from different departments of YMCAUST, Faridabad. The program was activity based learning and experts involved the participants in several activities. The activities made them learn several soft skills. The co-ordinator’s of the FDP were Ms. Anushree Chauhan and Mr. Rajiv Sindwani. 2nd FDP from 22 July 2014- 28 July 2014 titled, “Applications of Mat Lab & SPSS in Research”. The program was attended by 51 participants. Some participants from other states like UP., Delhi etc. also attended the program.The course was run in the lab of the university. The experts gave practical knowledge about softwares like MAT Lab & SPSS to the participants. Dr. Yashpal, Additional Director, Department of Technical Education, Haryana was the chief guest for the valedictory ceremony of the program. The program ended by giving certificates to the participants, members of organizing team and the program chair. The coordinators’ of the FDP were Ms. Jyotsana Chawla and Ms. Neha Goyal.
6.A Guest lecture on SWOT Analysis was organized in the deptt. on 27th Aug 2014. The expert Mr Shashank( IBS Gurgaon) delivered the lecture and provided useful insight into the importance of SWOT Analysis. Another expert, Mr. Brijesh Arora (IBS Gurgaon) delivered lecture on “Anger Management” on the same day.
7.With the initiatives of Respected Dean Management Studies, Prof. Navdeep
Malhotra, An Industry Academia Interaction, was organized by Dr. Renu Aggarwal in the department of Mgmt. Studies on 12-09-2014. Mr. Anil Kumar Chopra from Nulux Engineer interacted with the students and shared his views on the International trade practices. He had also proposed K L Puri Memorial Gold Medal for the topper of the MBA.
8.International Academic Interaction: Prof. RN Singh A & M Texas visits YMCAUST
International Academic Interaction organized by the Department of Management Studies was held on 9th October, 2014 with Prof. R.N. Singh from Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice, Texas A&M University-Commerce, USA as the Chief Guest on the occasion. The theme was “Value and Implications of Assertiveness in Corporate & Administrative Affairs”
Prof. Sandeep Grover, Dean Faculty of Engineering & Technology presided over the function. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra, Dean Management Studies remained the facilitator inspiring the students to ask questions and motivating them for quality educative interaction. Dr. Rachna Agrawal, Coordinator IAI, presented a vote of thanks. She thanked to Dr Divyajyoti (AP, HAS) for opening up the channel with Texas A & M University which would usher in greater future ties.
9.Dr Rachna delivered an expert lecture on “Ethics for Social Engineering” in the seminar on ‘Education to make a person humane and employable’ organized by the YMCA University of science and technology, Faridabad, in alliance with Rastriya Chetna Shakti Foundation (RCF) held on October 20, 2014.
10. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra, Dean and Chairperson, Department of management studies delivered his keynote speech during the 4th International Conference on Advanced Materials and Engineering Materials (4th ICAMEM2014) at HongKong (Oct20th, 2014)
11.Prof. Navdeep Malhotra, chaired the technical session during the 4th International Conference on Advanced Materials and Engineering Materials (4th ICAMEM2014) at Hong Kong (Oct 20th, 2014)
Prof. Navdeep Malhotra and Dr. Ruidan Su, Director Bossi-Edu , China and Editor in chief JCIES, USA during the 4th International Conference on Advanced Materials and Engineering Materials (4th ICAMEM2014) at Hong Kong (Oct 20th, 2014)
12. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra visited Hongkong for international conference. Prof. Navdeep Malhotra, Prof. Nikolai Aleksandrovich khiebnikov (Dy. Director IFE, Ural Federal Univ. Russia), Prof. YusriBin Yusof (University Tun Hussein Onn, Malaysia), Prof. Katsuyuki kida (University of Toyama , Japan) during the International Conference at Hong Kong 19-20th Oct, 2014.